Wednesday, April 4, 2007

March 26 – March 31 ~ 2 Months Old

I could not believe how much you had grown and changed in two months. Even more amazing was that changes were happening on a weekly basis. It seemed like each week you did something new or your personality developed even more. This week was not any different.

On the 26th you had your first no tears bath. As your mom, I wanted to do everything perfectly. I wanted to follow directions word for word. Now, on the bottom of your bathtub was a built-in temperature gauge. It would let me know if the water was cool, ideal, or hot. For your first baths I followed that temperature gauge even though the water still felt a little on the cool side. Well, on that evening, I decided that I should warm the water a little bit. The gauge said the water was hot, but it was nice and warm to the touch. I put you in the water and you didn’t make a sound. I held my breath as I got your hair wet, but there wasn’t any need; you just kept looking at me…you even gave a half smile. I was so happy that you liked your bath…but felt so horrible because I had been giving you cold baths up to this time.

You really began growing out of your clothes this week. I even started sorting through your clothes and separating the smaller sizes. You only fit into one or two newborn sized outfits. When we were getting ready to take you home from the hospital, we originally had a pretty pink sleeper picked out, but it was too large for you…it practically swallowed you. That sleeper was one of the outfits I had to pack away this week. When did you get so big?

This week you fell into a sleep pattern. It happened all at once. One evening you fell asleep at 9:30pm and didn’t wake up until 1:45am…four hours and it was in your crib! Your dad and I almost couldn’t believe it. I do have to say, four hours of sleep made me feel like I could have conquered the world…well, at least the house work.

On March 31 you had your two month birthday. The time has flown by. As a way to celebrate and capture memories we had professional pictures taken. At first, you weren’t too excited. I completely understand…the bright lights, the temperature, the wardrobe changes…but soon you were comfortable and even fell asleep. Your pictures came out beautifully!

After pictures, we went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house for dinner.

No comments: