Monday, May 14, 2007

May 7 – May 13 ~ Official Roll Over

On Monday evening you officially rolled over. Why do I say officially? Well that is because your dad and I had found you rolled over in your crib many times, only we hadn’t seen it yet. We were still unsure if you were doing it all by yourself, or if you needed to push off the side of the crib. Well, all doubts were lifted away when you, while playing with your blocks on the ground, rolled over all by yourself. I was so excited! I clapped my hands and praised you and made a big fuss…and do you know what I did next? I put you back on your belly and ran for the video camera. I wanted to catch this amazing event on video. So after you rolled over a few more times (for the camera,) I called your dad. After I told him the news he joked, “Did she roll, or did you push her over?” I was shocked that he would say that and I quickly laughed back, “I am not Juan! Besides, I got it on tape!” Then we both laughed and your dad mentioned he couldn’t wait to see it for himself. (I feel that I must say that I was referring you your cousin Ramona’s dad. You see, the jury is still out on whether or not he “helped” Ramona roll over for the first time. You can ask your aunt Linda for specific details.)




This week we took a comparative picture. Of course we knew that you had grown, but we wanted to see just how much. So…I remembered that when we had first brought you home, we swaddled you and propped you up in my nursing pillow. We have since started using that pillow for tummy time. Once we put the pictures side by side, it was hard to remember you ever being so small. What a difference from two days old to three and a half months old.



Grampa Bob, Gramma Kathy, and Aunt Sarah came to town this weekend. On Friday everyone had dinner, Uncle Greg and Aunt Kelsey were there too. We were celebrating Greg’s birthday.

Sunday, Mother’s Day, was a quiet day. We went out to breakfast. We took some pictures and then all our guests went home. The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home.

No comments: