Wednesday, September 12, 2007

July 30 – August 5 ~ A Little Independence

For the most part we stayed at home this week. After so many busy weeks, it was nice to relax.

On Tuesday, you turned 6 months old. Oh how quickly the time has gone by. The first few months seemed to go by a little more slowly, but the last few months have raced by. In the past 6 months you have learned to: smile, laugh, “talk”, roll over, sit up, and army crawl. It is hard to believe all the change that has happened in such a short amount of time.

This week you started playing on your own. Up to this point, you wanted me to be right beside you at all times. Even if you could still see me, you wanted me within an arms reach. However, this week you began to be content on your own for short periods of time. Although I never let you out of my sight, I was able to get some chores done around the home.

Sunday was a very special day. You went into the church nursery for the first time. It was a little traumatic…for both of us. I was called once during service because you wouldn’t stop fussing…but after a few minutes of holding you, you calmed down and were fine for the rest of the service.

No comments: